Scientific Section Map
Registration and Student Affairs
Relations and Scientific Affairs
Sports and Art Education
About Scientific Vice Chancellor
To the Press
Contact the office
Related in the Website
Administrative Vice Chancellor
Graduate Studies Department
University of Babylon graduates go on to a wide variety of professions and vocations, including ordained and lay ministry; chaplaincy; higher education teaching and research; public and private secondary education; community development, advocacy, and human services; management and consulting, especially nonprofit; public policy, law, conflict resolution, and mediation; the arts, publishing, communications, and media. This department is regarded as the administrative reference for postgraduate studies department in colleges and higher institutes .It connects and correlates with the department of research and development at Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. Identifying the faculty members at the university who are qualified in the field of instruction and supervision, as well as the admission plans set for the postgraduate studies courses. then consolidated to be sent to the Department of Research and Development in the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research for authentication and approval, in the first three months of the year. Contributing and expressing the opinions in the preparation of regulations for admission to postgraduate studies for the following academic year and that in the months of April and May and in coordination with the Ministry.Preparing sections of postgraduate Studies at the University formations to receive requests for higher education during June to the end of December. Receive all applications from the university formations and studying, sorting and consolidating them in preparation for the results and announce the names of the admitted students for the next academic year, and inform the ministry, during September and October.
Tasks of the Department
Issuing orders to graduate and undergraduate students and discussions of Ph.D. students, throughout the year. Delivering instructions, orders and generalizations related to postgraduate affairs to the colleges and higher institutes at the university and answer their questions and comments or submit them to the ministry to answer them, throughout the year. Preparing the statistics and tables that belong to the postgraduate studies and students. Full documentation of the data of the graduate and save them, throughout the year. Answering the queries of postgraduate students and their complaints and observations in coordination with the Ministry and the University formations, throughout the year.
- to know the number of students applying for graduate studies.
- To Prepare the halls of exams to fit the number of applicants. .
- To receive the final results of the exams.
- To sort admitted and revisits applicants.
- To issue university orders about the addmitence of aaplicants.
Achievements of Graduate Studies Department
- Preparing a method for the committee of the University Council to consider the issues referred to it.
- Preparing the cases of students and finding solutions and sending them to the University Council.
- Preparing of the records of the Committee and forwarding them after being approved by the presidency of the university to the Secretariat of the university Council for consideration.
- Issuing orders to graduate and undergraduate students and discussions of Ph.D. students, throughout the year.
- Open training session for the staff of Graduate Studies Department in colleges concerning admissions system. Preparing the statistics and tables that belong to the postgraduate studies and students.
About Graduate Department
The Department of Graduate Studies is situated in the central campus of the University of Babylon,
currently headed by Prof. Merza Saad Hussein al-Araji. e-mail babil_hiedu @ yahoo.com
, phone number 07601010635 the internal telephone 1018.